You’re not only Dr. Mom, but you also have to take care of yourself. And woman have their own set of issues—pregnancy, menopause and breast cancer—just to name a few of the joys and fears. This site will give you plenty of help in taking care of yourself so you can enjoy a healthy life with your family.
The purpose of our website is to give you basic guidelines, not medical advice. No one should direct the medical care of you or your family except your doctors or someone from your doctor’s office. Remember—When in doubt, check it out with your doctor or her office.
If it’s an emergency call 911.
Health Topics for Women
Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding
- Am I in Labor?
- Breastfeeding Positions
- Breastfeeding for Beginners
- Caring for Your Newborn
- Cesarean Section (cesarean birth, c-section)
- Emotions and Bonding After Cesarean Birth
- First Prenatal Exam and Doctor Visit
- Gestational Diabetes
- Gestational Hypertension
- Inducing Labor
- Low Sodium Guidelines (2g diet)
- Pregnancy Guide
- Preventing Preterm Birth
- Self-care After Cesarean Birth
- Self-care After Vaginal Birth
- Vaginal Birth After Cesarean
- What You Need for a New Baby
- What to Pack for Labor and Delivery
- Health Screenings Checklist by Age Group
- A Woman’s Heart: Keeping it Healthy
- Basics of Healthy Eating
- Breast Reduction (Reduction Mammoplasty)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Overweight, Obesity, and Weight Loss