|Risk Factor||Preventive Actions|
|Inability to Move |
For a person in a chair who is able to shift his or her own weight:
|For a person in bed: |
1. Change position at least every 2 hours.
2. Use a special mattress that contains foam, air, gel, or water.
3. Raise the head of bed as little and for as short a time as possible.
|For a person in a chair: |
1. Change position every hour.
2. Use foam, gel, or air cushion to relieve pressure.
Reduce friction by: Lifting rather than dragging when repositioning.
2. Avoid use of donut
|Loss of Bowel or Bladder Control|
1. Use absorbent pads and/or briefs with a quick-drying surface.
|Lowered Mental Awareness|