La Leche League International has groups of nursing mothers who offer assistance to breastfeeding mothers. Call 800-LALECHE or 847-519-7730 or log on to find La Leche League leaders and groups in your area. Also, you can call their twenty-four-hour Breastfeeding Helpline (900-448-7475, ext. 88) to get advise or help.
Breastfeeding and Nutrition is a thorough guide on what to eat and drink while you are breastfeeding. It is published by Consumer Affairs.com and is an excellent resource.
More about Breastfeeding for Beginners
• Overview of Breastfeeding
• When to Feed Your Baby
• How to Feed Your Baby
• Breast Care While Breastfeeding
• Breast and Nipple Problems While Breastfeeding
• Expressing and Storing Breast Milk
• Keeping up the Milk Supply
• Nutrition While Breastfeeding
• Breastfeeding in Special Situations
• Returning to Work While Breastfeeding
• Resources for Support While Breastfeeding