|A Patient's Guide to Total Hip Replacement Surgery|
A painful hip can severely affect your ability to lead a full active life. Over the last twenty five years, major advancements in hip replacement have improved the outcome of the surgery greatly. Hip replacement surgery is becoming more and more common as the population of the world begins to age.
The information presented here—in timeline order—can help you learn what to expect when having a hip replacement from planning through recovery.
If you have questions after going through this information or the information brings up questions for you write them down and contact your surgeon.
- Everything you want to know about hip replacement surgery.
- Your Visit with the Orthopedic Surgeon
- Making Arrangements for Surgery
- Pre-surgery planning and timeline
- Getting Ready for Surgery
- The Hip Replacement Operation
- Complications of Hip Replacement Surgery
- On the Road to Recovery After Hip Replacement
- Hip Precautions After Hip Replacement
- Sex After Total Joint Replacement