Brain Injury: How the brain functions
To help you better understand your loved one’s injury, print this out this page and ask members of the health care team to mark this picture to show you the location of your loved one’s injury or the areas of the brain that are affected. This article will also show you the anatomy of the brain.
Frontal Lobe Controls
• Thinking initiation
• Reasoning (judgement)
• Behavior (emotions)
Parietal Lobe Controls
• Knowing right from left
Temporal Lobe Controls
• Understanding language
Occipital Lobe Controls
• Color blindness
• Fine muscle control
Brain Stem Controls
• Blood pressure
• Body temperature
Brain Injury: A guide for family and friends
Table of Contents
• What is a Brain Injury?
• How Bad Is It?
• How the Brain Functions
• Common Problems During Early Recovery
• The Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
• Understanding Coma
• How Does an Injured Brain Heal?
• How You Can Help With Recovery
• Where Will the Journey Go From Here?
• How Will I Ever Get Through This?
• Where to Go for Help
• Books for Families Coping With Brain Injury
- Brain Injury Guide
- Brain Injury
- Books for Families Coping With Brain Injury
- How Does a Brain Injury Heal?
- Brain Injury: The Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Brain Injury: Understanding Coma
- What is a Brain Injury?
- Brain Injury: Common Problems During Early Recovery
- Brain Injury: Where to go for help
- Brain Anatomy and Function
- Brain Injury: Where Will the Journey Go From Here?
- Brain Injury: How Bad Is It?