I started a diet in Jan. 2012 to lose 20 pounds. I knew it would be tough going since I’m only 5’1″. But I had made up my mind to get in shape one last time and then try to keep it off with a lifestyle change of being more active. Since I have been forced into semi-retirement due to the economy, I feel I have the time to exercise as well as eat healthier. But after 3 weeks of a 1200 calorie diet and exercising my butt off, I had lost only 1 pound. When I went for my yearly physical in February, I complained to my doctor about how hard it was for me to lose weight. He suggested that I try LipoVite injections to help with my weight loss.
I’m not a fan of weight loss gimmicks like diet pills, crash or fad diets. I’m old school — calories in must be less than calories out. So I decided to attack my weight loss with knowledge about my own metabolism and get a little help from the LipoVite which is a combination of lipotropics and vitamins. One of the nurses said she takes the shots along with Adipex pills and she had lost a lot of weight. So I decided to take the shots per my doctor’s advice and see what happened.
Lipovite Injection Results
There are 20 shots in the series. My first shot was February 6, 2012. I get the shots first thing every Monday morning. When I go into the doctor’s office, they weigh me first, then record my weight and weight loss. Then I get the shot in my hip, which burns a little for about 2-3 minutes. After about 2-3 minutes, I can taste the shot hahaha, tastes like vitamins. I haven’t had any unwanted side-effects from the shots.
In addition to the shots, I have been on a 1300 calorie diet and at least an hour of aerobic exercise 6 days a week. Some days I exercise for 2 hours.
- Feb 6. – Shot 1
- Feb 13. – Shot 2, no weight loss
- Feb 20. – Shot 3, 2 pound weight loss since last week
- Feb 27. – Shot 4, 1 pound weight loss since last week, 3 pounds total
- Mar 5 – Shot 5, 0 weight loss, 3 pounds total
- Mar 12 – Shot 6, 1 pound weight loss, 4 pounds total
I’ve read that the results are cumulative, meaning the effects of the LipoVite build up the longer you take the shots.
Here is the info sheet I was given about Lipo-Vite:
Lipo-Vite Injection Information
Lipotropic means fat loving. Basically lipotropics are substances that liquefy or homogenize fats.
What are the main functions of lipotropics?
- They increase the production of lecithin by the liver. This helps to solubilize cholesterol, thereby lessening cholesterol deposits in blood vessels and decreasing the choice of gallstone formation. (Gallstones are made of cholesterol).
- They prevent the accumulation of fats in the liver. A fatty liver can cause sluggish liver function.
- They detoxify amines (by-products of protein metabolism) This is important for people on a high protein diet.
- They increase resistance to disease. They help the thymus gland carry out its anti-disease function by stimulating the production of autibodies. Stimulating the growth of phagocytes, which surround aud gobble up viruses aud microbes. They also recognize aud destroy foreign and abnormal tissue.
What are some of the important functions of the individual Lipotropics?
- Choline: Metabolizes fat.
Deficiency of Choline can lead to cirrhosis and fatty degeneration of the liver aud hardening of the arteries (arterioscleroais). It is used today for ailments such as gall bladder trouble, diabetes, Muscular Dystrophy, Glaucoma, senility aud memory problems (forgetfulness). Choline detoxifies amines that are the by-product.
- Inositol: Deficiency of Inositol can lead to hair loss. It works with Vitamin E to facilitate its actions in treatment of Muscular Dystrophy. It is used in nerve aud muscle disorders such as Multiple Sclerosis aud Cerebral Palsy. Caffeine may cause depletion of Inositol.
- Methionine: It works with Choline to detoxify amines, which are the by-products of protein metabolism. It acts as a catalyst for Choline aud Inositol, opening up their functions. Along with Choline it aids in reducing liver fat aud protects the kidneys.
How are Lipotropics Supplied?
They are supplied in shot form. Doctors generally prescribe I cc per week injected intramuscularly. (Mobilizes the fat aud helps to break it down, it has Vitamin B6 to help you lose your water weight aud Vitamin B12 which boosts your energy level.
How much do Lipo-Vite Injections Cost?
Lipovite iojections are done in a twelve-week period and cost $200 for the twelve shots. Patients generally come in once a week to get injections and weigh.